Why does God love us?
- Because He IS love 1 John 4:8
- So that we may live through Jesus 1 John 4:9
- Because He is faithful and made a promise to keep his love to those who love Him and keep His commandments Deuteronomy 7:7-9
- Because He is our creator and we were created FOR Him Colossians 1:16
Why should we love God?
- Because He first loved us 1 John 4:19
- Because we will then receive His crown of life James 1:12
- Because He hears our voices and our cries to Him Psalm 116:1
Because we have been redeemed with the precious blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ His son 1 Peter 1:18-19
Why should we love others?
Because God so loved us (sin and all) 1 John 4:11
- Because everything is for not if we don’t have love 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
- Because it is the greatest of all 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Because it covers a multitude of sins and transgressions Proverbs 10:13; 1 Peter 4:8
- Because it creates unity Colossians 3:14
- Because God will not forget the love you have shown to others Hebrews 6:10
So others will see and know that we are Christ’s disciples John 13:35
Food for thought.
- Why have you not been loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength? What’s taking His place?
- Why do we pick and choose whom to show love to based on our feelings and circumstances when God chooses to still love us impartially despite our partiality?