Here it is. The final segment.
How does God/Christ show their love for us?
- By giving His only begotten son John 3:16
- It’s impartial and takes care of the less fortunate Deuteronomy 10:17-18
- Jesus loves us just like God loves him. John 15:9
- By having Christ die for us even while we were still sinners Romans 5:8
- Jesus laid down His life for us 1 John 3:16
- God sent His son for us to have life 1 John 4:9-10
How should we love God?
- With ALL of our heart, mind, soul and strength Deuteronomy 6:5, Matthew 22:37, Mark 12:30, Luke 10:27
- Delightfully Psalm 37:4
- By fearing Him, walking in all His ways, serving Him with all of our heart and soul, keeping His commands, statutes and ordinances Deuteronomy 10:12-13, 11:1
- Abiding in His love John 15:9
How should we love others?
- As ourselves Matthew 22:39, Mark 12:31, Luke 10:27
- By laying down our lives for them John 15:13, 1 John 3:16b
- Through our deeds 1 John 3:18
- Just as Jesus loved us, a Christ-like love John 15:12
- Loving even your enemies selflessly and sacrificially, as well as those who take advantage of you. Do good and lend without expecting anything in return. Luke 6:27-35
- Without being hypocritical Romans 12:9
- Fervently with a sincere heart 1 Peter 1:22
- Like Jonathan loved David, as much as his own life 1 Samuel 20:17
How big and great is love?
- A marital love should be as strong as death, unable to be quenched and priceless. Song of Solomon 8:6-7
- God’s love is forever secure and impossible to be separated from us. Romans 8:35-39
Food for thought.
- How much of you heart, soul, mind and strength does God really have? All? Or just the portions you’ve designated for Him?
- How can we “lay down” our lives for others? By sacrificing our time and energy? Giving up finances? Putting aside our own selfishness and feelings?
- How can you love both God and others better this week?
Just sit back and try to take in The Love of God.