What does God’s love look like?
- It’s the sacrifice of His only begotten son for the world. John 3:16
- It’s Jesus giving himself up for as an offering, sacrifice and fragrant aroma to God. Ephesians 5:2
- It’s joyful, calming and He’s excited about it. Zephaniah 3:17
- It pardons iniquity, does not retain anger forever and is unchanging. Micah 7:18
- It’s bigger, greater and stronger than anything. It cannot be taken from us. Romans 8:38-39
- It’s a Father to child love. 1 John 3:1
- It’s Him sending His son to be the propitiation for our sins so we might live through Him. 1 John 4: 9-10
What should our love look like?
- It’s loving God and loving others. Mark 12:30-31
- It keeps God’s word. 1 John 2:5
- It’s loving God, not the world or things of the world. 1 John 2:15
- It’s fearing God, walking in His ways, loving Him and serving Him. Deuteronomy 10:12
- It does no wrong to a neighbor. Romans 13:10
- It should be patient, kind and rejoices with truth. It bears, believes, hopes and endures all things. It is never failing. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- It edifies. 1 Corinthians 8:1
Food for thought.
- What do you love most about God’s love for you?
- What can you do to show love to God?
- What part of biblical love is most difficult for you to practice? And how can you challenge yourself to love more like Christ in that area?
Loving is hard. Loving biblically is even harder. But when we let our hearts be consumed with God’s love for us, we will naturally begin to love others in the same way.